Windows user have an option of Fast User Switching which let other users sign in account while others are logged on. By this way, multiple users can sign in at the same time and use the Windows. It will not interrupt the work of other users. Generally, it is good for Windows users when there are multiple users but sometimes it is irritating too.
When you have logged in to your account and someone else also login using Fast User Switching then it will affect your performance also. Another user will also consume the resources though your process will also be slowed down. Another drawback is that you can’t Shut Down or Restart the computer until other users have logged out.
Enable/Disable Fast User Switching for Windows 7/8.1/10
Here, in this article, we are going to share a trick with you by which you can Disable the User Switching. Once you disable the user switching then another user will not be able to log in windows. This is an easy process and there are various ways to do it. You can disable user switching from registry editor also. Mini Militia Hack is one of the best multiplayer Android game.
We have shared some cool working methods to Disable Fast User Switching Mode. Follow the below-given guide carefully. If one method doesn’t work for you then you can give a try to second method also. Also, do let us know which method works for you in Disabling Fast User Switching.
Method #1 via Group Policy
This is the very first method for disabling the fast user switching which can be done via the Group Policy.
- Hold the Windows Key and press R or simply open the search box.
- Now type “gpedit.msc” and hit the Enter button.
- Now the Local Group Policy will be opened.
- Expand it.
- Open the following: Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon.
- Now open ‘Hide Entry Points for Fast User Switching’
- Click on Enable or Disable to Enable or Disable the Fast User Switching feature on your system.
Method #2 via Registry Editor
If the above-shared method didn’t work for you or giving some error then you can give a try to this method. This is based on the Registry Editor. Follow the below-mentioned steps to disable Fast User Switching.
- Hold the Windows Key and press R to open search dialogue.
- Now enter regedit and hit the Enter button.
- Now expand the following folders: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS > CURRENTVERSION > POLICIES > SYSTEM.
- Now find this value HideFastUserSwitching.
- If the above-mentioned value is not found there then click on the System folder and select New DWORD 32-bit value and type HideFastUserSwitching then hit the Enter button.
- Now double click on the HideFastUserSwitching.
- Now change the value to 1 for disabling and change the value to 0 to Enable Fast User Switching.
I hope that you have successfully Enabled or Disabled the Fast User Switching on your system. There are two methods for doing the same sometimes Group Policy editor doesn’t work on some systems if same is happening with you then you can try the Method #2.
But, If still, it is not working for you then please do let us know via the comments section below and we will help in Fast User Switching. If you liked our article then please do share it with your friends and on social media. Keep visiting Techzy for more Tech updates.