Uninstall Eclipse from Computer. If you want to get rid of Eclipse from your computer then here you are at the right place. Removing Eclipse from PC is not that much difficult. You just need to remove it’s root file to get rid of this.
- 1 What is Eclipse?
- 2 Remove/Uninstall Eclipse
- 3 Uninstall Eclipse for Windows
- 4 Uninstall Eclipse on Mac
What is Eclipse?
Before proceeding further you must be aware that what exactly Eclipse is. Eclipse is a tool for building the Java applications. You can use this tool on your PC if you want to build java apps or want to modify them.
Eclipse require coding knowledge, if you are not aware of coding then it’s not recommended for you.
You May Also Like: Fix Checkpoint Required Error on Instagram
A few days back I had installed Eclipse on my system for modifying Java applications. But later, after getting my work done it was no longer needed for me. I tried to remove it from my PC but every time it appeared again. Then I found the solution to remove eclipse completely from the PC which is shared below.
Process of removal of Eclipse is different for Mac OS and Windows. I have shared the details of both the OS.
Uninstall Eclipse for Windows
Method #1: Use ‘Uninstaller’ Application
To remove the Eclipse completely from your system, you need to download an application named Uninstaller. Download Uninstaller on your system and then look for the root file of Eclipse software. Right click on that file and click on Delete.
It will remove the Eclipse Software completely from your system.
Method #2: Via Add or Remove Programs
If you are using Windows 10 then it’s quite easy for you to get rid of Eclipse completely. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know more.
- Press Windows + S key and then search for Programs.
- Then click on Programs and Features.
- There you will find the list of the software which are installed on your system.
- Now look for the Eclipse application from the list.
- Select the Eclipse and click on Uninstall button.
- Boom! It will be removed completely from your system.
Method #3: Via System Restore Point
This is another method to Remove Eclipse from your system. System Restore let you rollback settings of your system to last working condition. If you had created any system restore point before installing the Eclipse then it will be easy to remove Eclipse.
- To Restore your System to last working condition, close all the running applications of your system.
- Now press Windows + S key and search for Create a Restore Point.
- Now open the Create a Restore Point.
- Click on the System Restore button under the System Protection menu.
- Click on the Next button and then choose such restore point where you had not installed the Eclipse software.
- Now finish the process and you will be rolled back where there will be no eclipse software on your system.
Uninstall Eclipse on Mac
If you are using Mac OS then there are some different ways to Remove Eclipse which are as follows.
Method #1: Uninstall Manually
The very first and easiest method to remove eclipse is manual. You need to remove the files of Eclipse manually to uninstall completely from the system.
- On the dock, click on the ‘Launchpad’ icon.
- Search for Eclipse.
- Now click on the app icon and hold the cursor until the image starts jiggling.
- Then click on the ‘delete’ icon appearing on the screen.
- It will remove the Eclipse software from your system completely.
Method #2: Dedicated Installer
If the above method has not worked for you then here is another solution for you. In this, you need a third party application which will do the uninstallation work for you.
- In some apps whenever you install them on your system then there comes the pre-included uninstall package which is known as the dedicated installer.
- Locate the folder where all files of Eclipse software are.
- Scroll down and you will find Uninstall application package.
- Double click or open that file.
- Follow the mentioned instructions and the Eclipse will be removed from your system.
Method #3: Delete Eclipse from the Application Folder
Here comes another method which will also help you to Uninstall Eclipse.
- Open the application folder on your system.
- Look for the Eclipse application.
- Click on the app icon and hold it.
- Now drag the icon to Trash on the dock area.
- You can also right click on it and then Movie it to the trash.
- After moving to the trash. Make sure to empty the trash folder.
SUMMING IT UP:
If you think that Eclipse is installed on your system and no longer useful for you then it is recommended to remove it from the system which will be healthy for your system in many ways. We have shared all the possible ways to remove Eclipse completely from the system.
If you have found any other easy way to Uninstall Eclipse then please do let us know via the comments section below. If you loved this article or helped you in any way then please do not forget to spread the word to your friends.